Forrest City School District New Dress Code Policy
Effective 2016-2017 School Year
Clothing should be clean and neat, and the students should be dressed in a manner suitable to an educational setting. If the principal, or designee, determines that a student's dress or grooming is unacceptable, the student will be disciplined accordingly.
All clothing must be properly worn. (Snaps snapped, buckles buckled, buttons buttoned, zippers zipped, etc.) The dress code will be enforced at all times, including special school activities.
1. Students are not allowed to wear clothing that is indecent, disrespectful provocative or revealing. No articles of clothing will be permitted that displays profanity, nudity, suggestive comments or those that advertise or support drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
2. Any accessory or manner of wearing clothing that is deemed related to gangs, sororities, fraternities, secret societies, or other inappropriate symbols will not be allowed. This includes gang signs or graffiti, wearing of gang colors, clothing, and jewelry.
3. Shirts or tops should not expose cleavage and must be long enough to completely cover the midriff when arms are raised above the head. Strapless, tank and sheer shirts are not allowed. Tops should not extend past the wrist when the arms are hanging loosely at the sides.
4. Inappropriate head coverings such as bandanas, scarves, sweatbands, caps, do-rags, sunglasses, combs, picks, towels, headwraps or hairnets are not to be worn at school. Head coverings that relate to a student’s religion or for documented health reasons will be allowed. Hats and hoods are not to be worn inside the building at any time.
5. Bottoms: Skirts, shorts and dresses should come within 3 inches of the knee and skirts should be without slits. Khaki and jeans (non stretch) material are permitted Leggings and pajama pants are not permitted. Holes in pants are not permitted.
6. Pants must be worn at the waist. No SAGGING. Clothing must be sized appropriately as oversized clothing will not be allowed. Garments should not be visible if worn under pants.
7. Shoes with a back enclosure must be worn at all times. Slippers, slide-ins and house shoes are not permitted.
I Minimum Penalty: Principal Conference Classes missed waiting on clothes or the time it takes to change clothes will count as an absence and against exemptions for semester exams.
Maximum Penalty: Expulsion